Whoa! hey! hi!
So Wednesday night I was sitting in my window seat minding my own business. I had finally sat down and had actually started my readings for the next day after trying my hardest to find every way that I could procrastinate that didn’t involve actually moving. Somewhere between page “I don’t want to be reading anymore” and page “I just want to sleep” my phone went off. I excitedly checked what was going on and saw it was a new comment on my blog from Erin at HodgePodge Pilot’s Wife. While I was excited about this comment existing, I was floored when I actually read it.
Ahh! So nice! This made me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy inside.
See, Erin said she liked my blog AND THEN nominated me for an award. The Versatile blogger award is an award that is given between bloggers. Once you’re nominated you put the badge on your site, talk about how you were nominated, nominate 15 other bloggers, and write 7 things about yourself.
So here goes!
- I listen to most of my music album by album. For a long time I would just listen to specific songs, but then I realized that the artistic team behind the album works really hard to make the entire thing cohesive and puts a lot of time into figuring out the order of the music. In my mind it just makes more sense to listen to entire albums.
- I’m obsessed with baking and food. This is something that is very obvious if you eat with me. I can get emotional over food (ex: last night’s processed turkey in the dining hall made me really mad). My entire family is pretty food-centric. We already have most of the thanksgiving menu pinned down.
- Piggybacking on that fact is that large health food stores are my kind of party. If I had it my way I would buy all of my food directly from producers and growers and local health food stores. There’s a gorgeous store near my school that’s basically a Whole Foods but independently owned and operated. It’s my happy place.
- My nails are (almost) always painted. I started doing this in high school and would paint my nails every Sunday night. Now I change it up about 2 or 3 times a week (although lately it’s only been once a week) depending on my schedule. Since starting to paint my nails I’ve gotten faster (only 10 minutes!) and much better (once someone asked me where I had gotten them done—HURRAH!).
- I refuse to put both my email and facebook on my phone. I figure that, no, I don’t always have to be connected. If someone really needs me they probably have my phone number or know who to ask to get it. If I really need to get to something, I can always go on through the internet.
- I love fashion and clothing but I have a really hard time spending money on clothes. They’re just going to wear out, rip, or get stained, right? (This is a problem because I have almost no clothes but it keeps my account balance a little higher so…lose/win?)
- My hair is naturally curly. While I sometimes curl my hair so that it looks a little neater, or straighten it, my favorite way to wear my hair is curly and BIG. Unless I’m running. If I’m running then I like my hair to be straightened. Which, let’s be real, makes absolutely no sense. Last night I straightened my hair so that it would be straight for one of my races this weekend. Mostly I just like to hear my hair make a swish-y noise when I’m running.
You got all that?
Alright, here goes on the 15 (correction: 7) bloggers that I can’t keep my eyes off of.
Somewhere in between
Something else entirely
So, that’s not 15. But I’m going to go ahead and say that I value quality over quantity. I was going to try to find more blogs that seemed great, but I wouldn’t really know them and that didn’t seem fair to them, or you guys. So there. Only 7. Bite me.